- Research history/creation of sushi on web sites on ThinkQuest.org.
- Observe photos of candy sushi.
- Draft a plan to create the candy sushi.
- Begin constructing the candy sushi step-by-step.
- Use their electronic camera (e-cam) on their netbooks to take photos of each step.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation of technical directions including: Title slide, List of materials slide, Steps in order (each with a written direction and e-cam photo), Conclusion slide(s) explaining how and why Japan uses its natural resources to create sushi.
- Create an advertisement with the purpose of selling the candy sushi.
- Reflect on this activity on message boards on ThinkQuest.org (roles, what went well, what could have been improved).
- Enjoy a sweet sushi treat! :)
Sunday, March 17, 2013
As a reward for working so diligently on the Writing CST Test, students practiced their technical direction writing and teamwork skills to work in a group to figure out how to make and teach someone else to make candy sushi! Since we are currently studying Japan's geography--specifically the effects of natural resources on the country--in World Geography and analyzing/writing technical directions in Language Arts, what a perfect way to blend the curriculum and have some sweet fun too! :) Students working in teams will:
Posted by Monique at 7:17 PM